Sunday, September 23, 2007

Salad Spritzers-what's the point?!

Hey hey hey....Sunday afternoon, and I made myself a nice salad with tuna. I had bought this salad spritzer awhile ago, and thought it would be good for my salad. It's "balsamic breeze". There is no flavor, I keep spraying thinking if I spray just a little more it might start to have some flavor. Nothing. Thankfully I have olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make my own salad dressing.... ahhh, now that is good! I mean I want to be healthy, but I don't want to torture myself.

I feel pretty good. I grabbed Dr. Oz's book "You On A Diet" off my bookshelf and started looking through it again. He's got so many great points in there. The one that stuck today was talking about not calling it a "diet". He says that by doing that you feel deprived. He also says if you feel you blew it, don't worry about it, just get back on track. I am going to write down some of his other points in my next blog that you may find helpful.

Mike gets back from vacation Wednesday. I hope he has been doing well and found a place to work out at. I am so proud of him for sticking with going to the gym. I actually went today too!
And after my workout went in the Sauna, it's good for you especially before you work out to loosen up your joints...I didn't think I would like it, but I did!

Back to my salad...
Love,
Jeannie

11 comments:

Mama Jessica said...

I think that it is great that you tried the salad spritzer, sometimes it takes a few try's before you find something that is good for you and you like it too! Something I have found to be a good snack is Fiber One bars. They come in Chocolate and Oats and Peanut butter and oats. They are great and have like 35% of the daily fiber that you need. Keep it up!

Alyson said...

Something else that is really good on salads is sunflower seed kernels! They give your salad a little kick as well as being really good for you. I am still stuck to my O'Charley's honey mustard dressing though (Some things you just can't give up:-)!)
I have decided that I am going to start training for a marathon. A 5K or something small right now. I don't think I will be ready for a few months, but I am going to try.
I am now 3 pounds away from hitting my 25 pound goal.
Jeannie is right, it isn't a diet. It is a lifestyle change. It is hard to do at first, but as long as you keep trying you will succeed. Keep it up everyone!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Balsamic Breeze Salad Spritzer!!! There IS taste to it! Did you shake it before you sprayed??? You need like 2 sprays per bite.

Nikki said...

I'm very proud of you and I agree with not calling it a diet..it's a way of living. Fiber One bars are great and so are Zone Bars, the chocolate peanut butter is AMAZING! Love you and God Bless

Nikki
Fayetteville, NC

~Lauraborialice said...

I love you guys!! Keep it up, and eat healthy!! :-) <3 you guys!!! :-)

~Laura~
Albany, New York

~Lauraborialice said...

Hey!! I'm sad Mike left.. But I am happy that you are still there.. you do a really good job at your job.. :-) Well, thanks for being there with air 1 the positive alternative for Christian music.. :-)

~Lauraborialice said...

Merry Christmas Jeannie!!! I miss Mike, if you see him can you say Merry Christmas to him?? Thanks!!

~Lauraborialice said...

Hey Jeannie!! Happy New Year!! i hope you get all the money you need..

Ang said...

Omigosh, my family has one of those. Haven't tried it yet though. Haha, now I know what to expect.

Balsamic Vinegar and olive oil does make good dressing, exspecially if you buy those Italian Dressing packets too. YUM!

Ang

~Lauraborialice said...

Happy eairly Valentine's Day!! :-) I hope you get better, cause you haven't been on air 1 for awhile.. :-(

~Lauraborialice said...

I'm going to miss both of you!! :'-( I hope you and your family are well. :-)